I am very excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award. It is such a great way to promote and acknowledge new blogs. Thanks to Ray at Super Powers Sold Separately for the nomination! Bloggers nominate other bloggers and answer the questions, so here we go…
What inspired you to start your blog?
- I am currently a high school Family and Consumer Sciences teacher, but my next career plan is to become a Certified Personal Trainer. The purpose of my blog is to document the rest of my weight loss journey to show my future clients that I have been through the struggle.
What is your favorite hobby outside of blogging?
- Sadly enough, my favorite hobby right now is sleeping. I have a 1 year old and 3 year old that wake up around 5am daily. As soon as I finish the day and put the kids to bed, I usually end of falling asleep on the couch. In the near future (fingers crossed) I would like to sleep past dawn and actually have some hobbies. My goal hobbies are reading, watching a full movie without falling asleep and traveling more.
If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
- I would love to have dinner again with my Grandpa Leonard. Not only for myself to see and talk to him, but I REALLY would have loved for my husband and children to meet him. I know my husband would have so many questions for him about being a tank commander in WWII and opening the family restaurant we had for over 60 years. My grandpa loved children and it would have been magical to see him with mine.
What is your go-to easy dinner?
- My favorite go-to meal right now is Skinnytaste’s Pork Carnitas in my Instant Pot. We make it into so many meals… street tacos, quesadillas, or eat it by itself for my lunches.
What have you learned about yourself through blogging?
- I have learned that I like writing so much more than I thought. When I was in high school I thought I was a bad writer and I hated any writing assignment in school. I guess that if I am motivated by the topic that I find it much more enjoyable.
What is your first piece of advice for someone getting into fitness for the first time?
- My first piece of advice would be to incorporate weight lifting from the beginning. It doesn’t have to be heavy weights. Even starting with just your body weight, 2 lb weights, or 5 lb weights can lead you down a great path. Weight lifting has so many benefits but people often think that cardio is the primary method for weight loss or exercise.
What do you wish you knew about blogging before you began?
- I didn’t realize how in-depth blogging can be and how much time it can take. Becoming a part of Facebook groups for bloggers and downloading some podcasts have helped me tremendously to navigate through all of the information.
Liebster Award Nomination Rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award with a link back to their blog.
- Link to this post from The Global Aussie in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Give the award to 5-10 new bloggers.
- Leave a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them!
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer (unique and creative ones)
- Comment on this blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award.
- Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and ends on 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
- Stacey at Mom Managing Life
- Tiffany Turkette’s Travel Blog
- Kelly at The Inspiration Compass
- Little Prince Leopold
- Ashley at The Wiser Life
- Kristen at Rise and Brine
- Jessie at The Hangry Diaries
Here are your questions…
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- How do you balance all of the things in your life?
- If you had a day completely free of responsibility, what would you do?
- If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
- Which animal would make the best type of president if the animal kingdom ever rises up and takes over?
- You’re on death row, what would your last meal be?
- What have you gained or learned since starting you blog?